Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday in Texas

I hope you all had a great few weeks.. clearly I haven't been paying much attention to what's going on or I'd have been complaining on here.  Which has been nice.  I hope you also had a wonderful and thoughtful celebration of faith over the last week of Easter.  For those of us who are Christians, it is the source of our hope.  That God not only exists, but created us to be in a relationship with him.  And that he was willing to commit to true sacrificial love in order to make that happen.

With a 3-year-old in the house, Frozen is in heavy rotation here.  While I have a lot of thoughts on how they could have made it a better movie, the idea of self-sacrificing love as the way to mend deeper heart issues is a chunk of truth.

• Murder, for example, shows some deeper heart issues.  Eric Williams may be redeemable to God, but he's sure got a twisted heart.  New revelations of another planned murder in the works is just sickening.

• Anyway...  It has been stormy around here.  I've been playing with time-lapse videos instead of blogging it seems.





• As a guy, I'll admit to feeling a bit out of place in the abortion debate sometimes.  So I really like it when I can just link to a great post like this... Chelsea Clinton's baby isn't worth more than any other.

• Closer to home, Kaufman's wunderkind city councilman busted with pot.

• Kaufman Pct. 2 Constable Joe Don Law is out after getting caught falsifying some certification documents.

$300,000 for road improvements is helpful.  The hard part is picking which projects to use it on.  There are a more than a few roads that need help.

Ha and Ha.

• It is time for the big Terrell Heritage Jubilee this weekend.

• And my favorite local bluegrass band The Acoustic Sound Hounds will be on stage Sunday.

• The South Korean Ferry disaster is heartbreaking.  And infuriating.

• As those families grieve, I was reminded to try to enjoy every day with this guy, who turned three last week.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment