Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Kemp area is in mourning ...

Dallas Fire Rescue Photo

Kaufman County lost a native son in the accident that claimed the life of Dallas firefighter Scott Tanksley.  There are a lot of folks mourning that loss around Kemp, and in the firefighting community in general.  Be thankful for those who serve us and risk everything to do it.

Here is a little background on Scott.  He was a few years ahead of me at Kemp High School, but I definitely remember him as a star on the baseball team.  Other reports here,  

I haven't seen info pop up about fundraising efforts or memorial funds for the family, but I'm sure that will be arranged.  If you know of them, please pass the info along and I will be happy to post it.

Update .. here is one fundraising effort, would love anyone to verify authenticity..

No comments:

Post a Comment