Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday night mayhem - Jan. 20



Lots of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. quotes floating around today.  The one that kicks me the most this year .. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."



With lots of dried grass and brush, wind and dry days, fire danger is high.  It doesn't take much of a spark, be mindful folks.  Only you can prevent wildfires.

On the same topic… don't mess around with gas leaks … one dead in house explosion in Van Zandt County.

I'm not surprised that we are finding out Wendy Davis is who she is.  And I doubt the scrutiny and revelations in coming days will hurt her among her core supporters (who care most about unrestricted abortion).  But I think her reaction of blaming her opponents for her own political missteps is telling.  Seems she had a thin skin when running for Fort Worth City Council too.

Coffee after learning something can help you retain the knowledge?  I didn't need another reason, but OK, I will stick with the coffee drinking.

The dark side of the moon is turquoise.  And money was spent figuring this out?

Ted Cruz is not very photogenic.  And whoever shot the image didn't exactly help him out with that lighting.

One good reason that I won't pursue a career driving an ambulance.  I would lose the keys.

Has anybody watched this History Channel documentary about the rock wall under Rockwall?  I would but I don't subscribe to any cable network.  Cheapskate.

A 12-course meal.  In a can.

I hope your week is starting well.  Keep the shiny side up.

1 comment:

  1. I did watch the documentary about the rock wall under Rockwall. Found it very interesting and as a matter of fact, tracked it down online where Unearthed will show the last two most recent showings for free. Yeah, and of course now The Rock Wall Under Rockwall is LOCKED...wanna know the ending???

    ReplyDelete